A list of some books I’ve read, grouped by genre, and ranked according to my personal preferences.
Books, even more than board games (I would say), are obviously very different from each other. I almost find it too absurd to rank them like this, but in the end, it’s too fun to pass up.
Disclaimer: Ranking a book highly doesn’t mean I can remember a lot about it. I often tell myself that I should reread my favorites, but that rarely happens. Instead, I sometimes flip to a random page and read until I feel like stopping — that’s usually pretty fun.
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt
- Open Borders by Bryan Caplan
- What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain (review)
Memoirs, Biographies, Autobiographies
- The Green Mile by Stephen King
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
Interested in (definitely not exhaustive):
Books I stopped reading, but might finish someday